Latest Jobs in National Defence University (NDU) Islamabad August 2021
National Defence University, a premier and highest seat of learning in the country invites dynamic, passionate self-assured and innovative professional seeking scholarly excellence and research opportunities on contract basis to become part of proud fraternity of the University. Details of the vacancies are reflected below:-
|Post||Qualification & Experience|
|Professor||Ph.D./Relevant terminal qualification from a recognized and reputable Institution in the relevant field with either 11-years post-Ph.D./ Relevant terminal degree or minimum of 7-years of post-PhD experience with at least 12 years of experience prior to the PhD.|
|Associate Professor||Ph.D./Relevant terminal qualification from a recognized and reputable Institution in the relevant field with either 6-years post-Ph.D. / Relevant terminal degree or minimum of 4-years of post-PhD experience with at least 6 years of experience prior to the PhD.|
|Assistant Professor||TTS APPLICANTS ONLY
Ph.D./ Relevant terminal qualification from a recognized institution and excellent written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
Int’l Relations/ Political Science or relevant Social sciences
Management Studies (Finance, Accounts, Marketing)
Peace & Conflict Studies/ Peace studies/ IR (with specialization in peace/conflict studies)
|Lecturer||M.Phil degree from an HEC recognized University in the relevant field.
• GPP: Economics
• SS: Strategic studies/DSS/SNS
|Director QEC||Ph.D./M. Phil/M.Sc. or equivalent from an HEC recognized University with 15 years/25 years and 30 years relevant experience respectively in a University, national or international organization. The candidate must have an excellent understanding of drafting MoUs and agreements with national and international research organizations/educational institutions for collaboration and partnership. The candidate with educational background in law will be given preference.|
|Editor||Master’s degree in English, with 5 years work experience of editing in a research organization/ English newspaper.
Computer proficiency is a pre-requisite.
|Security Officer||Bachelor’s degree with 5 years relevant experience in a large reputable security organization. Preferably a retired officer from Pakistan Armed Forces. Should be well versed in handling administrative and security issues.|
|Assistant Library Officer||MLS with two years working experience in a university or government/semi-government organization.|
|Assistant Director||Master’s degree preferably in Business or Public Administration from an HEC recognized university with at least 3 years working experience in administration.
Vacancy shall be filled purely on temporary basis against Study leave up to 4th July 2024 as per prevailing NDU leave rules as enforced from time to time.
|Computer Programmer||MCS/MIT/BCS/BIT (4 years) with 3 years relevant work experience in VS.net, Oracle, also undergone certification in MCTS, MCDP.|
|Press Manager||Bachelor’s degree from an HEC recognized University with diploma in Printing & Graphic Designing having 5 years work experience in a government, semi-government or national/ international organization.|
|Superintendent||Bachelor’s degree with 5 years working experience as an Office Assistant in a university/ an educational institution/ Govt./ semi- Govt. organizations. Computer proficiency is a prerequisite.|
|Personal Assistant||BA/ BSc or Equivalent with 5 years work experience as Assistant/DEO/UDC in an educational institute/ University/ organization with Typing speed of 35-40 WPM. Drafting skills and Computer knowledge is compulsory.|
|Data Entry Operator||Bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Mathematics/Statistics/Economics with a minimum speed of 10,000 key depressions per hour for data entry.|
|Naib Qasid||Middle pass|
|Aya/ Attendant||Literate – Physically sound.|
|Sanitary Worker||Literate with 1 year relevant work experience|
Terms & Conditions:
- All above mentioned posts shall be filled purely on contract 2% Quota for disabled persons will be considered.
- Interested candidates to apply on-line by visiting NDU Website (www.ndu.edu.pk). Hard copy of Application after applying on NDU website must be submitted to the office of the undersigned through courier alongwith Attested Copies of (I) CNIC (ii) Domicile (iii) Educational testimonial & experience certificates (if any) (iv) 2 x recent passport size photographs & (v) Demand Draft/Pay order of amount 2,000/- (Sr. 1,2,5), Rs.1,200/- (Sr. No. 3,4 & 6 to 11), Rs.500 (Sr. No.12 to 14) and Rs. 250/- (Sr. 15 to 17) as non-refundable application processing fee in favour of NDU, Islamabad.
- For Faculty Positions (sr. 1, 2 & 3), HEC Rules/Regulations shall apply. Research Publications should be as per HEC criteria. Applicants for faculty position with qualification/ specialization in research methodology will be given preferences. Foreign evaluation of applicants will be carried out before final selection as per HEC requirement.
- In Service/ Government employees have to submit NOC/ DPC duly signed by the concerned
- Applications that are incomplete (in any case) or received after due date shall not be
- Applicants who do not have the prescribed Qualification & Experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be
- Only Short-Listed candidates shall be called for Test/ No TA / DA shall be admissible.
- All applications are treated as “Confidential” and all documents will be shredded after one year of induction
- The University reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of posts or cancel any or all of the advertised posts and decision of the University shall remain binding in all
- Applicants must mention the name of the “Post Applied For” on the right top corner of the
- Any clause not included in above mentioned terms & conditions shall be dealt in accordance with the provisions of NDU Statutes (where applicable).
- NDU is an equal opportunity
- Last date of application submission is 22 August, 2021.