Directorate General Health Services KPK Jobs
Directorate General Health Services Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar Launching of Locum Tenens system for medical staff engagement during COVID-19 Emergency (2020)
In order to cope with the Emergency of COVID-19 and ensure maximum delivery of health services across the Province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Health Department, Government of KP intends to launch a system of temporary medical staff engagement called the Locum Tenens system. Through the Locum Tenens System the department of Health KP, aims to establish a registered pool of medical staff with expertise in different Health care fields. For short term &/or urgent need-based assignments, the relevant registered medical staff will be engaged strictly for the duration of the need for assignment. The engaged staff will be provided remuneration on the basis of daily rates already approved by the Cabinet of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for a period for which the services will be rendered.
As per explanation of Locum Tenens model mentioned at para 1 above, the Health Department, KP urgently intend to acquire the services of the following categories of medical staff at the defined daily rates against the mentioned required screening criteria:
|Specialists (registered with PMDC/PMC)||General medicine/internal medicine||15,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Pulmonologist||18,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Cardiologist||18,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|A&E physician||20,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|ENT specialist||18,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Pediatrician||15,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Nephrologist||18,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Intensive care specialist||20,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Infectious disease specialist||20,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Psychiatrist||18,000||FCPS or Equivalent|
|Anesthesiologist||20,000||FCPS or Equivalent or DA|
|Radiologist||15,000||FCPS or Equivalent or DMRD|
|General Cadre (registered with PMDC/PMC)||MBBS or equivalent doctors||10,000||MBBS/MD|
|MBBS doctors with experience in anesthesiology, intensive care, pulmonology, A&E||15,000||MBBS/MD|
|Nurses (registered with PNC)||Registered nursing (RN) in general nurses||7,000||Diploma/BS in nursing|
|Specialized nursing(SN) in intensive care, cardiac care. A&E. anesthesia||9,000||Diploma/BS with post graduate degree/diploma|
|Psychologist||5,000||MSc clinical psychology|
|Pharmacist (registered under Pakistan Pharmacy Act 1967)||Pharmacist||5,000||Pharm-D|
|Paramedics (registered under KP faculty of paramedical and allied health sciences or paramedics faculty in other provinces)||Anesthesia||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Pulmonology||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Radiology||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Health||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Pathology||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Pharmacy||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Respiratory therapist||3,000||Diploma in the concerned technology|
|Specialized technicians in anesthesia, cardiology, dialysis, health, pathology and ICU||5,000||BS in concerned technology|
- It shall be noted that the above mentioned medical staff categories and remuneration rates may alter as the COVID-19 Emergency related situation evolves.
- The locum tenens system will operate on a rolling basis (means no fixed deadline rather candidate may keep on applying), however early registration is encouraged. Registration/ Self-registration will be done through a locum specific online registration platform which can be accessed at Click Here
- At the time of registration each applicant shall also mention his /her top three choices of districts where they are willing to serve. Candidates can also express their willingness of working across any district of KP.
- Interviews of the registered candidates will be conducted through video conferencing &/or personal Interview as and when required. The candidates are required to present relevant Original documents at the time of interview. Date and time of interviews will be communicated to the registered candidates accordingly when & where needed.
- The opportunity is open to all interested candidates without age limit or regional quota restrictions. Candidates who are currently abroad but are willing to serve the community in this critical time are welcome to apply.
- The engagement of medical staff through the Locum Tenens model / system will be purely on temporary basis for a maximum of 15 days or less at one time. A separate engagement letter will be issued in case the need continues.
- The Person engaged Through Locum Tenens Model shall have 8 hours of working shift on daily basis and shall be required to serve in evening/ night shifts as the case may be. The engaged human resource will be bound to comply with biometric attendance system &/or any other suitable mechanism for ensuring daily attendance, if the department deems appropriate.