Join Pakistan Army As Captain
Through Direct Short Service Commission
- Qualification / Age
|Category of Selection||Qualification||Age|
|Information, Communication & Technology Officers (ICTOs)||Software Engineers
Geo Informatics / Geomatics
|28 Years on
01 Nov 2020
(1) Minimum 16 years of formal education (BS / BE) in above mentioned disciplines from PEC / HEC recognized institutions of Pakistan / Abroad with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or minimum 62.5% marks in annual system. In case of a foreign degree / equivalence certificate from HEC must be provided.
(2) No 3rd Division / Grade D and only one 2nd Division / Grade C throughout academic career.
(3) The applicant must have completed 4 years Engineering Degree in above mentioned disciplines irrespective of MSc / MCS.
(4) Candidates only graduated from HEC / PEC recognized universities or foreign universities recognized by PEC.
(5) Candidates possessing MSc / MS Degree 2 – 3 years work experience will be given preference.
(6) A candidate with specific higher qualification is eligible, even if he is twice rejected by ISSB for PMA / Graduate Course or equivalent Navel / PAF Courses.
(7) Candidates once rejected for PMA / Equivalent courses and once rejected in Post Graduate entry can avail one more chance for Post Graduate courses only.
(8) Appearing candidates can also apply on “HOPE Certificates” duly issued by Head of the universities / institutions. However, such candidates must submit final degree / transcript by 15 Oct 2020, otherwise they will not be considered in final merit.
Verification of Degree / Education Documents
preliminary selection process at AS&RCs level will require to attach copy of degree / transcript duly verified by HEC / PEC alongwith application form. The candidates appearing on hope certificate will submit verified degree / transcript by HEC / PEC within seven days on announcement of their result.
Marital Status. Married / Unmarried
Nationality. Male Citizens of Pakistan, domicile holders of Azad Kashmir and Gilgit- Baltistan, Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
(1) Minimum Height – 5’ – 4” (162.5 cm)
(2) Weight – As per Body Mass Index
Rejected by ISSB / GHQ/NHQ/AHQ sel boards.
(1) Twice rejected by ISSB for Post Graduate Entry.
(2) Twice rejected by ISSB for intermediate / Graduate (PMA/Graduate/ Equivalent) and once rejected by ISSB or GHQ/NHQ/AHQ based selection board.
(3) Once rejected by ISSB for intermediate / Graduate (PMA/Graduate/ Equivalent) and twice rejected by ISSB or GHQ/NHQ/AHQ based selection boards.
- Twice screened out by ISSB.
- Candidates tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance in ISSB except waiver granted by the competent authority, However, bar of 120 days will not be applicable to candidates appearing in GHQ/NHQ/AHQ selection boards.
- Candidates dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt Service including Armed Forces.
- Convicted in court of Law for any heinous offense (to be ascertained by the competent military authority.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (PUF by AMB).
- Candidates declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Appeal Medical Board cannot be requested).
- Candidates withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces College / Institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Candidates withdrawn discharge / resigned or purchase of commission from any Armed Forces Officers Academy / Training Institution on any grounds.
- Tempering of academic certificates / forgery / concealment to get undue advantage will make an applicant permanently ineligible for all types of commission in Armed Forces.
- Candidates who have not completed 4 years Engineering Degree in given disciplines irrespective of MSc / MCS.
Registration Through Internet.
A candidate can register on website joinpakarmy.gov.pk Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary tests on computerized roll number slip. Date, once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in para 6 below and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer, as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
Registration at AS&RCs
Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll number along with necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
Schedule Of Registration / Preliminary Tests.
Registration and Preliminary Tests will be held at AS&RCs as per following schedule:-
Registration: 15-30 Jun 2020 (Included Saturday/Sunday)
Intelligence / Written Tests: 06-08 August 2020
Intelligence / Academic Tests. Intelligence / degree level academic tests based on multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be conducted at AS&RCs on the date given by the computer during the registration process.
Preliminary Medical Tests. Candidates will undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs.
Physical Tests. Candidates are required to qualify physical tests as under:-
|1.6 km Run||9 Minutes|
|Push Ups||10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|Sit Ups||10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
|Chin Ups||2 Repetitions in 2 Minutes|
Further Selection. Only short listed candidates will be called for ISSB Tests/ Interviews through websit as well as call up letters. ISSB recommended candidates will be called for interviewed by GHQ Selection Board at Rawalpindi. No TA/DA is admissible. Selected candidates by the GHQ Selection Board will undergo complete medical examination in different CMHs as desired by the candidates. Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of overall performance of candidates.
Basic Military Training. 6 Months at Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul.
Documents Required At AS&RCs :-
- Original Certificates / Detailed Mark Sheets alongwith five attested photocopies of each educational certificate / degree.
- Candidates serving in Governments Institutions / Departments will render “No Objection Certificate” of the concerned establishment.
- Attested photo copy of domicile.
- Photocopies of Computerized National Identity Card alongwith verification slip obtained by NADRA.
- 6 x Coloured photographs duly attested (1x front & 5x back).
- Crossed Postal Order worth Rs.100 in favour of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi.
- Candidates must bring their degrees duly verified by HEC/PEC.