Latest Jobs in United Nations Development Programme July 2020
Work with the United Nations Development Programme through Professional Employers Pvt Ltd (People) to make the world a better place.
UNDP works with the Government of Pakistan, civil society, national partners and the people of Pakistan to help find solutions to persistent development challenges. We work to build lasting institutional capacity, provide technical expertise to improve development outcomes. We also help link the Government and people of Pakistan to innovative global solutions in areas such as improved data quality and collection, better environmental management, climate change finance and adaptation, accountable and robust governance mechanisms and capacities to respond effectively to conflict and disasters.
At UNDP in Pakistan, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in decisions and actions that affect the lives of millions of Pakistanis. We encourage all qualified men and women to apply for vacancies with us for UNDP Pakistan. We value efficiency, competence and integrity, and hire staff with suitable qualifications without distinction as to race, gender, religion or any other discriminating factor. We strongly encourage women to apply.
The jobs below are recruited by People Ltd on behalf of UNDP. A People Ltd contract allows you to maximise your impact, gets you on the job faster, offers a competitive package, and unlimited ability to work and travel without restrictions.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Female)
Duty Station: Local Government Reforms Unit Peshawar with travel to Merged Areas
Type of Contract: Employment
Duration:03 Months initially and likely to extend, subject to the availability of funding, performances, and enabling environment.
The Merged Areas Governance Project (MAGP) is an integrated, cross-sectoral project to support the peaceful integration of the newly merged areas (formerly the Federally Administered Tribal Areas) into Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. In support of Government-owned and led reform processes, MAGP provides critical support to the government and stakeholders in the administrative, legal, and economic integration of the Newly Merged Districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. MAGP offers world-class technical assistance across all critical sectors to facilitate integration processes, support effective district-level governance, provide technical assistance to policymaking, support improved economic management, and the introduction of inclusive local governance structures.
This position will specifically monitor and evaluate the project activities carried out by the female field staff in project areas and also interact with female beneficiaries to collect data, hold interviews, conducting assessments and evaluation etc. The LGRU Team is seeking an experienced and qualified candidate to fill this position.
- Ensure an effective and efficient monitoring of the project activities and interventions;
- Coordination with field teams and other stakeholders for field visits and monitoring of activities;
- Conduct field assessments, focus group discussions, evaluation, and surveys in the project areas;
- Development and the documentation of progress, lessons learned, case studies and other communications items;
- Development of M&E tools for data collection and reporting;
- Produce draft reports, project briefs, presentations, etc
- Develop impact-oriented success stories and case studies about the project interventions;
- Identify gaps and deviation from the work plans and provide recommendations for aligning activities with the objectives and outcomes for optimal results production;
- Identify shortcomings in the project activities and recommend solutions
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related subjects from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of experience in a project management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting role.
- Experience working in KP particularly the former FATA districts
- English, Urdu, and knowledge of Pashto is desirable
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the Organizational values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Human rights and gender equality are prioritized as ethical principles within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented following “Social and Environmental Standards” of the organization;
- Any kind of diversity based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- An inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations through the creation of an enabling and accessible work setup;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, training, etc.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your technical skills in a policy environment alongside national and international experts
- Competitive market salary and non-salary benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Health Insurance for employees and their dependents (excluding parents) with maternity benefits
- Daily Subsistence Allowance while of official travel
- International work environment
- Women-friendly workplace
Reporting Lines – Direct and dotted line:
Project Manager-Local Government Ambassadors Program
Technical review of candidate’s profile, SOI test scores and performance in interviews.