Latest Jobs in Planning & development Department Sindh June 2020
In order to ensure effective public service delivery. enhance the capacity of the human resource and meet the modern day development challanges by adopting modern techniques and tools of planning and development and bring the Province of Sindh to the path of sustained economics growth and prosperity. the Government of sindh has revamped its Research & Training Wing of Planning & Development Department. The Wing now acts as an in-house research, policy-advice and capacity development body for P&DD helping it to improve functioning and quality of Public Investment Management.
For the purpose, following post shall be filled-in from market so that fresh blood can be injected in the system. Therefore, applications are invited for the slots:
- Director General (MP-11)
- As functional head, supervise the day to day operations of R&TW.
- Undertake detailed training needs assessment of P&D and planning officials in line departments subordinate agencies to assess the capacity for identifying and conceptualizing, appraising, implementing and monitoring and evaluating projects.
- Strengthen the capacity of staff of P&D as well as planning officials in line departments through training session and other means.
- Propose a research agenda to P&D Board and after approval undertake a series of evidence based research assignments on the agenda to inform P&D’s decision-making.
- Facilitate undertaking informed strategic decisions, policy and institutional reforms by P&D Sindh, backed by strong qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Identify major policy challenges, in consultation with Secretary and ChairmanP&D, being faced by Government of Sindh for public investment management and help to undertake research on areas that require improvement in their effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis.
- Provide structured technical inputs to P&D identified areas of policy research and capacity development by prepaiing reports, PowerPoint presentation, analysis, etc., and provide technical and research support to P&D on elements of the draft proposals to be submitted to provincial and federal policy makers that need policy research inputs.
- Participate in the meetings and liaise with public and private stakeholders and experts, as per advice of Secretary and Chairman P&D.
- To develop a regular training calendar for the next five years.
- To develop linkages for R&TW and P&D with national and international institutions to provide technical support such as training of faculty and trainers: collaboration on training material development. etc.
- Build the Research and Training Wing as a strong centre of research policy and training for P&D Department as well as administrative departments.
- Devise R&TNATs Strategic Plan in consultation with Secretary Planning, P&D Department.
- To lead the R&TW’s team in a cohesive manner to achieve the R&TW Strategic Plan.
- Provide advice to P&D Members, Secretaries and Chairman on highly technical matters.
- Required Qualification: Ph.D (Economics) from HEC recognized University.
- Experience: At least 07 years in any Public Sector Organization / Lending / Donor Agencies
- Age: Upto 50 Years
- Domicile / PRC: Province of Sindh
The Director General, Research & Training Wing shall report to Chairman, Planning & Development Board through Secretary (Planning) and Chief Economist (P&D). The office of Research & Training Wing is housed in a well-furnished private building with close proximity to the Secretariat Buildings. The remuneration package will be based on existing Government Policy. The engagement will be made for an initial period of two years on contract basis. which may be extended, based on satisfactory performance.
Covering letter with CV along with relevant documents must reach on or before 30th June, 2020 before the office closing time on the address given below:
The Secretary (Planning). Planning & Development Department, 2nd Floor, Sindh Secretariat Building No. 2 (Tughlaq House), Karachi.
Telephone No. 021-99211926 Fax No. 021-99211423.