Latest Jobs in National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDC) April 2020
National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDC) is public limited company incorporated under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (Now Companies Act, 2017). The Company owns and operates the high voltage transmission system in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the AJK. The company employs a staff of over ten thousand for managing the transmission network.
Consistent with the objectives of the government to reform the power sector under the Ministry of Energy (Power Division) and the Board of Directors of the company have initiated action plans to transform the company into a dynamic corporate entity to meet with the emerging challenges in the power sector in the country. These include improving system reliability, extending the network to acquire/transmit power from new generation and to import power from neighboring countries, and instituting a range of reforms in all the functional areas of the company. Specific initiatives in hand include preparation of strategic business plans, rationalization of organizational structures. introduction of performance-based compensation, system performance audits, and integration of ERP systems in operations. To achieve above objectives, the company intends to engage a well reputed professional having abilities to lead the Company through this transformation plan.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Managing Director will report to the Board of Directors and work with the Board of Directors to transform the company that can support the growth of power market in the country and can deliver value to its shareholders and customers. In addition to management of operations, the Managing Director will be responsible for extension in network, development and implementation of strategic plans and initiatives to achieve the performance targets set by the government and the Board. The ideal candidate must demonstrate visionary leadership skills, possess management and team building capabilities and experience.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering would be a minimum requirement. Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management from HEC recognized/accredited Universities would be desirable plus.
The candidate would have overall professional experience of twenty years in corporate entities preferably in the utility management sector, out of which 5 years’ service must be at senior management position having independent decision making. For candidates from public sector overall experience of 20 years should include minimum of 3 years at substantive grade 20 or above positions.
REMUNERATION AND AGE
The assignment will be on contract for a two years period, extendable for one year with mutual consent. The candidate should not be more than 62 years of age on the date of this advertisement. A market based competitive package will be offered commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- Interested candidates having relevant qualifications and experience should apply along with:
- Filled/Completed Performa (available on NTDC’s website) in the format prescribed in “Annexure A” to the Public-Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 along with detailed CV;
- A declaration (available on NTDC’s website) on Rs. 100/- non-judicial stamp paper in the format prescribed in “Annexure B” to Public Sector Companies (Appointment of Chief Executive) Guidelines, 2015 that the applicant is not ineligible to act as a Managing Director, as per the Fit and Proper Criteria prescribed in Schedule II of the said Guidelines;
- Copies of degrees and certificates, duly attested.
- Two recent passport size photographs, copy of CNIC or passport, at least two references; and experience certificates.
- Prescribed Application Form, Declaration Form, and the Fit and Proper Criteria for the post of Managing Director of a Public-Sector Entity can be downloaded from NTDC’s website (ntdc.com.pk) as well as from Ministry of Energy’s website (www.mowp.gov.pk).
- Only shod-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided for interview.
- The application should reach at the address given below on or before r May 2020 during office hours.
Room # 407 WAPDA House, The Mall Road, Lahore
Tel: 042-99201330, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org