Jobs in Directorate General of Special Education (DGSE)
Directorate General of Special Education (DGSE) invites applications for the following vacant posts:-
Last date to apply: 18-4-2020
It was dusk in dark when Directorate General of Special Education (DGSE) was founded in 1985 under the Presidential Directive with the mandate to deliver and execute following functions:-
- To establish model institutions for education, community based rehabilitation and vocational skills development for persons with disabilities.
- Awareness raising, support and training to the professionals and public.
- To prepare and execute policy and plans for Persons with Disabilities.
- To select, appoint and train teachers and allied staff of the special education institutions.
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation services for Persons with Disabilities.
After the establishment of DGSE, 127 Special Education Centres/ Institutions across the country were established. The “National Policy for Persons with Disabilities, 2002” was formulated to ensure the practical and visible provision of services and rights of Persons with Disabilities by the Directorate General of Special Education which was approved by the Government. In the light of objectives envisaged in policy a National Plan of Action was prepared in collaboration with the line Ministries/Divisions/Provincial/District Government to set out the activities/implementation resting with respective agencies for playing their specified role under their Jurisdiction.