Latest Jobs in United Nations Development programme (UNDP) August 2020
Work with the United Nations Development Programme through Professional Employers Pvt Ltd (People) to make the world a better place.
UNDP works with the Government of Pakistan, civil society, national partners and the people of Pakistan to help find solutions to persistent development challenges. We work to build lasting institutional capacity, provide technical expertise to improve development outcomes. We also help link the Government and people of Pakistan to innovative global solutions in areas such as improved data quality and collection, better environmental management, climate change finance and adaptation, accountable and robust governance mechanisms and capacities to respond effectively to conflict and disasters.
At UNDP in Pakistan, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in decisions and actions that affect the lives of millions of Pakistanis. We encourage all qualified men and women to apply for vacancies with us for UNDP Pakistan. We value efficiency, competence and integrity, and hire staff with suitable qualifications without distinction as to race, gender, religion or any other discriminating factor. We strongly encourage women to apply.
The jobs below are recruited by People Ltd on behalf of UNDP. A People Ltd contract allows you to maximise your impact, gets you on the job faster, offers a competitive package, and unlimited ability to work and travel without restrictions.
Title: Senior Subject Specialists
Duty Station: Peshawar (with travel to Merged Areas)/Home Based
Type of Contract: Consultancy
No. of Positions: 13 Positions
Duration: July 2020 to October 2020 (with possibility of extension)
MAGP aims to engage services of Senior Subject Specialists to assist Government of KP in implementing high quality interventions and projects in the MA in a number of sectors (listed below). This engagement will comprise intermittent technical work over till October 2020 with a possibility of extension.
It is an invitation to Senior Subject Specialists to apply academic knowledge and cumulative experience to solving real life problems in the MA through potentially remote work as well as mutually workable time frames.
The Government of KP has adopted a multi-year Accelerated Implementation Program (AIP), 2019-2022, to address the key developmental gaps in the Merged Areas (MA), erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). AIP is the first programme under the Tribal Decade Strategy (TDS) of the government that seeks to address developmental disparity of the MA and bring these areas at par with the rest of Pakistan.
UNDP is implementing its Merged Areas Governance Project (MAGP) as a key partner in the process of erstwhile FATA development. Keeping in view the comparative advantage of the MA, special programmes will be designed and implemented to create employment that will increase incomes and broaden economic opportunities. Early uptake of interventions will be achieved through context specific project designs and implementation arrangements.
While development will be built on existing social capital specific to these areas, it will expand tertiary access and opportunities into new avenues for economic development. For this purpose, we are looking to hire a Public Health Specialist.
UNDP is seeking applications from highly motivated Senior Subject Specialists willing to make substantive contributions to the development of the MA in the following sectors:
- Primary Healthcare and/or Health Systems
- School Education and/or Education Sector Reforms
- Horticulture and/or Agriculture Extension
- SME Development
- Skills Development and/or Vocational Training
- Public Administration
- M&E Systems
- Data systems and/or data management
- Health System for Infectious Diseases
- Rule of Law
- Communication Content Developers
- Development planning
- Institutional Assessment and/or Organizational Analysis
Responsibilities may include a combination of the following:
- Design interventions pertaining to the development sector for select MAs.
- Carry out analyses of development issues and data relating to the MA
- Carry out review of technical products prepared for implementation of AIP
- Engage with MAGP teams and Government of KP to assist in ensuring high quality project designs and development solutions
- In consultation with MAGP team and Government of KP, prepare development solutions relevant to the MA for inclusion in projects and to solve longstanding development problems of the MA
- Draft concept notes and implementation frameworks
- Draft or contribute to project documents
- Provide technical assistance to departments on PC l formulation, systems development, data collection.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities assigned by Lead Economic Adviser.
- Master degree or doctorate in the relevant sector, from a reputable university;
- At least 10 years of experience in a relevant field;
- The candidate needs to be an expert with knowledge and experience in relevant development sector of Pakistan;
- Good understanding and knowledge of KP region, especially the MA;
- Fluency in the English and Urdu is required. Fluency in Pashto is highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Availability to provide intermittent technical inputs
- Ability to work under stress and to multi-task;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Excellent skills in report writing;
- Positive attitude with a mindset to deliver development services in a professional manner;
- Self-development and initiative taker;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Work experience with inter
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the organizational values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Human rights and gender equality are prioritized as ethical principles within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards” of the organization;
- Any kind of diversity based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered in all aspects of the programme;
- An inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations through the creation of an enabling and accessible work setup;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings, etc.
- Excellent opportunities to deploy your technical skills in a policy environment alongside national and international experts
- Competitive market salary
- Daily sustenance allowance while on official travel
- International work environment
- Women-friendly workplace
Reporting Lines: Direct and dotted line:
Reporting to Senior Implementation and Coordination Officer/Lead Economic Advisor
Payment will be disbursed on approval of deliverables by Lead Economic Advisor