Latest Jobs in Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
Institute of Business Administration (IBA) Karachi invites online job applications for the following vacant post:-
POSITION: EXECUTIVE – IT SUPPORT
The incumbent will be reporting to the Sr Manager CS and will ensure that the day-to-day operations of the customer support & Help Desk are organized and sufficient coverage is available at all times for end-users.
Skills and Competencies:
- Troubleshoot and respond appropriately to inbound telephone and email enquiries and resolve the same in timely manner.
- Maintain ICT Asset Inventory and organize documents of software and hardware warranty and licenses.
- Will administer and manage the team of resident engineers available at both campuses.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and technical guidance to support center and the end-users.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT service desk policies and procedures as per best practices.
- Will provide assistance to the students, faculty, and staff.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Sciences or equivalent from an HEC recognized university;Institute with post degree experience of at least two (2) years’.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Familiar with IT terminology, support tools and experienced with PC Technologies i.e. (windows 7,8,10), Mobile Devices and MacOS is required.
POSITION: EXECUTIVE PURCHASE – ICT
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and processing requests for procurement of ICT related goods and services.
- Draft meticulous BOQ / RFQs for items & services for the purpose of ensuring that materials are in compliance with all procurement regulations
- Obtaining meticulous specifications of goods & services under petty purchase limit
- Coordinating with stakeholders, suppliers, distributors & manufacturers for petty purchase.
- Promptly obtaining quotations according to the requirement of stakeholders.
- Ensuring that goods are procured at the required quantity, quality & specifications and delivery received on or before Due Date.
- Conducting market surveys, net surfing, in-service training, workshops etc., to contribute the collected information required to perform job functions.
- Processing requisitions into approved Purchase / Work Orders for the purpose of updating & distributing information & acquiring resources in compliance with established guidelines.
- Monitoring Purchase / Work Orders to ensure timely completion of task as mentioned in Orders.
- Coordinating with internal & external Stakeholders as required.
- Maintaining office records in terms of soft copy and hard record of Purchase Office.
- Responsible for ICT Procurements’ records and contract retention, renewal management and document security and confidentiality control.
- Maintains purchasing documents, files & records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation & compliance with established policies & regulatory guidelines and references.
- Performing other duties as requested by the supervisor(s)
- At least Bachelors’ degree in Management, Business or related field from HEC recognized university/institute.
- At least 2 years of work experience preferably in a structured purchasing / merchandizing / business concerns or a reputable organization.
- Experience of working on ERP, ideally Oracle PeopleSoft or latest
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications including strong Excel skills.
- Valid driving licenses of motorcycle & car.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of procurement procedures; Basic knowledge of business principles and processes and office norms.
- Filing and document management
POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
This position will be responsible for entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, banners, standees and newsletter. The incumbent will shape the visual aspects of websites, magazines, newsletter and other promotional material.
- Study design requirements
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using appropriate software
- Use appropriate colors and layouts for each design
- Work with team members to produce the final design
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an HEC recognized university/institute.
Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Effective planning and project management skills with the ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Proficient in leading software and technologies such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, CoreIDraw, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, In-page, Dreamweaver and others.
- Pre-press knowledge is an added advantage.
GENERAL JOB OBJECTIVE
The Registrar ensures that services to the academic units, faculty, students and other stakeholders related to course enrolment and academic records are delivered accurately, professionally and in a timely manner. The incumbent will facilitate effective student registration and enrollment; build secure student data files and set policy and procedures for their responsible use; works with Chairpersons to maintain up-to-date course schedules, catalogs and final examination schedules. Must be well versed with the student affairs and matters related to their wellness and wellbeing.
This position interprets and enforces policies and regulations of the institute and accreditation agencies, and Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. The incumbent will also be responsible for setting the Academic Calendar and all communication with students pertaining to academic systems and management.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The scope of work for this position is as follows; .
- Academic Implementation
- Ensure the accuracy of curriculum in Program Announcement, website, and other communications vehicles
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of academic degrees and certificates conferred by IBA
- Advise and lead the preparation of class schedules, for approval by the respective Chairpersons
- Develop and monitor IBA’s academic calendar
- Assist in development of educational policies pertaining to students and academics
- Manage the operations of the Office of the Registrar, including course registration, recording grades, certifying student enrollment status, verifying honors and degree fulfillment, managing student records, scheduling courses, updating the course catalog and transcript production.
- Supervise all procedures related to student records and registration, including maintenance of all current and historical student records and course offerings.
- Supervise staff whose areas of responsibility include student records systems, transcript production, classroom and building scheduling and course registration
- Strategic Leadership:
- Responsible for creating a vision, establishing and maintaining policies, implementing best practices that enhance service delivery, upholding the integrity of academic programs, creating a sustainable method of providing support to a diverse and growing academic community.
- Support the acquisition, implementation and maximization of systems, tools, and technology designed to secure IBA’s preferred enrollment.
- Develop and implement departmental strategic plans that utilize technology to improve events like convocation, open house and student orientation.
- Plan lead, and organize IBA’s Open House designed to generally promote the image of IBA while attracting quality intake of new students
- Communication of Academic Material Contribute to the development and production of official publications (Program Announcement and Student Handbook) with the support of Communications Department.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations for enrollment procedures and management as required by HEC and accreditation bodies as applicable to the institution.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, regulations and policies; ensure that the Registrar’s office processes meet all applicable requirements; work with assigned staff to implement institutional changes as needed to ensure compliance with existing requirements and to meet changing requirements within established guidelines.
- Data and Technology:
- Serve as the lead student records data steward for the institute and maintain confidentiality and security of student academic records and compliance with academic policies and HEC regulations
- Develop and implement strategic plans that utilize technology to improve graduation, retention and degree progression within the student body
- Direct the on-going development and maintenance of registration and record- keeping systems
- Lead Scholarships/Financial aid programs in consultation with the Director Finance
- Supervise activities of the Students Societies and develop robust framework to ensure compliance of the IBA’s academic and financial policies.
- Assess students’ requests for add/drop and withdrawal
- Assist newly admitted transfer students in transitioning into the institute including basic transfer and articulation information
- Approve transfer of major, credit transfer, leave, suspension and dismissal of students
- Maintain and publicize the process for students to file for review of grades, attendance and other related grievances
- Create and supervise a platform handling student grievances and complaints. Interact with students in a professional and empathetic manner by responding to their concerns appropriately and adequately.
- Develop career services programs that will help students in exploring and planning career options.
- Oversee the Wellness programs developed for the mental being of the students.
- Manage and oversee the arrangements of Annual Student Convocation
- Serve on committees and perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director, IBA.
Master’s Degree from an HEC recognized university, preferably in Management Sciences or related field.
Ideal candidate should have at least 15 years of progressively responsible, professional level experience in higher education, enrollment management, or student affairs. Minimum 5 years of which must be serving in a leading position with experience of directly managing a large team of diverse portfolios in an academic/research environment.
Age limit Must not be over 55 years of age at the time of application cutoff date.