Latest Jobs in Banking Sector Pakistan August 2020
One of the largest banks of the country is inviting applications against the following position from professionals with proven track record and capacity to perform as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Credit Management.
The individuals who fulfill the below-mentioned basic eligibility criteria may apply for the following position:
Position / Job Title:
Senior Credit Officer
- Commercial, MME & SME
- Recovery & Remedial
Reporting to: CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER
Educational / Professional Qualification: Minimum University Degree preferably MBA from HEC recognized University / Institute.
- Minimum 12 years overall banking/financial institution/ credit rating agencies experience with at least 5 years of experience in senior credit risk management roles in either business or risk.
- The applicant should have held relevant level of material personal credit approval or recommendation authority with a medium to large sized organization for at least 3 years.
- International experience preferred but not considered essential.
- Experience preferred in wider range of products (capital markets, trade, derivatives) industries/ portfolio
- segments and financing types (acquisition, corporate, structured, project finance) ranging from investment grade to leveraged financings will be preferred.
- Experience preferred of different business cycles and industries, remedial experience with multiple organization experiences both within and outside of risk; minimum 3 years of experience in a senior credit approval role or equivalent will be preferred.
Other Skills / Expertise / Knowledge Required:
- Superior credit risk assessment skills and judgement, including problem recognition, defining and structuring of solutions to complex credit issues. Experienced in remedial management situations. Ability to recognize and address major types of risk, including market, operational embedded in credit exposures.
Ability to deals with ambiguity on credit/business issues in reaching a decision; develops solutions/alternatives to difficult credit requests; solicits industry/product expertise as required; manages conflict and handle unpopular credit decisions
- Ability to act decisively in time-sensitive situations, exercise good judgment at all times and calmly manage effective decision making in high stress environments.Ability to clearly and proactively communicate in verbal and written form to both internal and external clients.
- In depth grasp and understanding of process and drivers to compute expected/unexpected credit losses which includes debt rating models/scorecards/classification/IFRS 9 methodologies, Basel parameters and their implications for loan loss reserves, regulatory/economic capital and stress losses, Ability to dimension and frame risk drivers for stress testing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit/market risk, using examples from portfolio/restructuring/complex credit transactions.
- Enhanced communication skills that reflect an ability to concisely address key issues and provide solutions to senior management and key clients. Fully conversant in credit policy/risk principles and be seen as respected and credible culture carrier of risk management
Outline of Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Senior Credit Officer – Corporate: To be responsible for individually reviewing and approving credit proposals for Corporate & Investment Banking clients and recommending for approval to the Chief Credit Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Credit Committee and Board of Directors as appropriate after appropriate structuring and sizing in line with Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework (RAF).
- Senior Credit Officer – Commercial, MME & SME: To be responsible for individually reviewing and approving credit proposals for Commercial and SME clients and recommending for approval to the Chief Credit Officer. Chief Risk Officer, Credit Committee and Board of Directors as appropriate after appropriate structuring and sizing in line with Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework (RAF).
- Senior Credit Officer – Recovery & Remedial: To be responsible for individually reviewing and approving credit proposals for recovery and remedial clients, including restructuring and rehabilitation proposals and recommending for approval to the Chief Credit Officer. Chief Risk Officer, Credit Committee and Board of Directors as appropriate,
- To present credit proposals in the credit committee alongside the business as applicable and ensure that all
key concerns and issues are addressed rigorously. Ensure compliance of credit proposals with RAF, ratings policy, classification and SBP guidelines.
- To be responsible for ensuring consistent and rigorous implementation of portfolio management, risk appetite, early problem recognition. classification policies etc. across the assigned client segments.
- To correspond with SBP on regulatory issues pertaining to credit portfolio of the Bank pertaining to Commercial and SME Clients.
- To ensure consistent ongoing improvement in turn-around-time for credit reviews and proposals while ensuring that all portfolio issues and agreed actions are tracked and executed expeditiously, Coordinate development and presentation of industry credit reviews for key sectors ensuring appropriate target market focus and risk appetite_
- To engage broadly in leadership roles in the development of various tools, policy frameworks as mentioned below.
- To demonstrate integrity, independence, leadership, judgment and ability to balance risk and reward.
- To develop, implement structured portfolio management & risk appetite frameworks at an institutional & sector level
Assessment Interview: Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for panel Interview
Employment Type: The employment will be on contractual basis, for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
Place of Posting: Karachi
Interested candidates may apply on-line by 16-08-2020 as per given instructions.
The candidates should clearly mention their Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, CNIC Number, Qualifications with percentage / CGPA / Division, Place of Domicile and complete Current Mailing Residential Address with Telephone Numbers PTCL / Mobile in their Resume / Application.
Applications received after due date will not be considered in any case. No TA/DA will be admissible for test / interview.